3rd Annual Children's LEGO Home-Building Competition
When: Sunday, April 24, 2016 Where: Mashpee High School
Fee: $25.00 per builder, including 1 adult for both building event and show
$ 5.00 each additional person for both building event and magic show. ($7 at the door)
When: 1:00 pm—5:00 pm
1:00 pm to 1:30 pm—Registration
1:45 pm to 2:45 pm—Building Competition
3:15 pm to 4:15 pm—Yo Yo Show; and Judging
4:15 pm to 5:00 pm—Winners Announced, Prizes Awarded and Demolition (neatly & quickly)
Yo-Yo People Show
HUSBAND & WIFE COMEDY DUO AS SEEN ON DAVID LETTERMAN, THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL, AND IN 26 COUNTRIES
Who would have thought you could make an entire show out of yo-yos? This husband and wife duo bring back that nostalgic toy, reminding you of old favorite tricks such as Walk the Dog and Rock the Baby, then amazing you with new and bizarre tricks, such as Boingy-Boingy and The Human Rollercoaster.
Yo-yos attached to bouncy balls, yo-yos with 10-foot strings, and multiple yo-yos looping while hula hooping and unicycling are just some of their finely tuned feats. High skill and deft timing to swingin' music coupled with high energy and sarcastic humor make the Yo-Yo People a favorite for every age.
They'll be performing at 3:15 pm on Sunday, April 24, 2016 at Mashpee High School.
Tickets: $5.00 per person. Tickets go on sale Feb. 15 and are available online: www.capecodbuilders.org
Or by phone: 774-470-2943 or at the door. Purchase your tickets early, this will sell out and seating is limited.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION & RULES OF COMPETITION
- Tables, chairs, and LEGOs will be provided for each builder contestant
- No on-site assistance will be permitted during the competition. Parents and guardians may watch, but may not help.
- Judging will be performed by community leaders and industry professionals. Judging is anonymous.
- Each Builder will have a box of 600 LEGO bricks, and access to a selection of windows, doors, and roof tiles. Anything the builder has in their box can be used, but builder does not have to use every piece.
- Builder can only use the building blocks in the assigned box. One builder cannot borrow from another competitor or use any blocks other than their own. There will be dividers on the tables, it is against the rules to exchange or intermix blocks with a neighbor.
- There will be volunteers in the room to answer questions. If you have any questions, please raise your hand and someone will come over to answer your questions.
- All contestants will have 1 hour to build their home. We will let you know when the contest is over. You must stop building as soon as we announce the end of the building phase of the contest.
- The awards presentation will be immediately after the Yo-Yo Show.
- Builders & accompanying adults are responsible for the careful demolition and putting blocks back into assigned box.
Good luck and remember to be creative! Think about what will make your house different from others.