The Builder Members, Associate Members, Affiliate Members, and Honorary Members, of this ASSOCIATION shall be limited to those persons and firms who shall subscribe to the following Code of Ethics:
Members of the HOME BUILDERS & REMODELERS ASSOCIATION OF CAPE COD, INC., affiliated with the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HOME BUILDERS, believe and affirm that:
- Home ownership can and should be within the reach of every American family.
- American homes should be well designed, well-constructed, and well located in attractive communities with educational, recreational, religious and shopping facilities accessible to all.
- American homes should be built under the free American enterprise system.
To achieve these goals we pledge allegiance to the following principles and policies:
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customer, our community, and our country.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy.
- High standards of health, safety, and sanitation shall be built into every home.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improved methods of home financing; to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state, and national ASSOCIATIONs and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
- We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly. Mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the HOME BUILDERS & REMODELERS ASSOCIATION OF CAPE COD, INC., affiliated with the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HOME BUILDERS.
The Mission of this ASSOCIATION shall be:
To support homeownership on Cape Cod and its trade members through: legislative, educational, business and civic endeavors.
ASSOCIATION members adhere to a strong professional code of ethics ensuring that consumers receive the highest quality of service within the industry. We strive to broaden our influence as the industry’s voice.
The objectives of this ASSOCIATION shall be:
- To create closer fellowship and greater unity among builders in our jurisdiction, Barnstable & Dukes Counties, and to produce affordable housing for all our citizens.
- To engage in the planning and consulting for the building industry.
- To create an interchange of information regarding the building industry and for that purpose to acquire, preserve and disseminate information and statistics among its members.
- To monitor federal, state and local government legislation which might affect the industry or the public, and to afford presentation of the ASSOCIATION's opinion before government bodies, commissions, and administrative agencies.
- To promote ethical practices among its members.
- To promote goodwill between the public and the members of this ASSOCIATION; to provide educational exhibits and to disseminate information with regard to the building industry.
- To rent, build, lease, and own real and personal property and to manage, use and dispose of the same as it appears to be in the best interest of the members, if applicable.
- To do any and all things necessary or proper to accomplish such purposes permissible with Chapter 180, of the Massachusetts General Law.